1. OK, I know I've taken my sweet time getting this information out to all of you. I apologize.
2. Yes, we seem to have enough interest for the FlyRC club in Southbury to again sponsor a bus charter to the Meadowlands in New Jersey for the not so new, but hopefully improved, AMA Expo East. We will be to the Expo as the doors open, Saturday, February 23.
3. Many of you have already expressed your interest. However, if you show up on more than one of my lists, you'll be hearing from me again and again. I apologize in advance. If you've already emailed me your lack of interest, well, you'll continue to hear from me even more...too bad. The bus last year filled up pretty quickly, so you need to get your checks to me as soon as you can.
4. I will be buying tickets with a volume discount for $12 each. But lifetime AMA members pay $9, children 13-18 pay $5, and children 12 and under get in free. Also, active duty military with ID, Boy/Girl Scouts in uniform, and Civil Air Patrol are also admitted on a complimentary basis. So please, if anyone is an AMA Life-member, or if you're bringing along a child 18 or under, or you qualify for any discount, you must let me know so I can can buy the proper tickets for you.
5. As in past years, the bus will be picking up in Newtown on route 25 just north of exit 9 off I-84, and again in Trumbull at the intersection of routes 25 and 111, just at the start of the Henry Mucci Highway.
6. So please send me your checks right away, and encourage any friends to participate. I no longer live in Newtown, so please note my change of address below.
7. As before, the bus will be available throughout the day for storage of any purchases. There is also a great deal of space on the bus to carry any planes you'd like to offer for sale.
8. For those of you that haven't joined us in the past, we charter a large, comfortable 55-seat cruiser with clean bathroom.
9. Finally, if you send me a check, please expect a confirmation email from me within a day or two. If you don't receive an email from me, assume I never received your check and I have not reserved you a seat. Sorry, no seats will be held until I have payment in hand. Also, refunds will not be provided unless I find someone else to take your place.
10. I would appreciate your including your name, phone number, and email address along with your check. Also, please be kind enough to forward this email to any of your club members that might be interested.
11. As previously, I will make no profit whatsoever for myself. This charter is being organized for the good of the hobby and convenience of the participants.
12. The bus company again raised its price a bit. I realize the prices are a bit higher than last year, but the winter is long and lonely. It's a good investment in your sanity. Submit the cancelled check to your health insurance company. These prices also include a small contribution to the FlyRC club and a tip for the driver. Of course, feel free to increase your contribution to our club. We are grateful.
Adults (non Life-Members) $40.00
Adults (Life-Members) $37.00
Children (13-18) $33.00
Children (12 and under) $28.00
Mail checks to: Kenneth Blau, 29 Grove Avenue, Madison, CT 06443
I can always be reached at 203-733-6582 or
Thanks for your participation.